This is my first blog ever in life.
I feel it requires an introduction. I like lists, so I’ll introduce myself with a list of five things you should know about me:
1) My name is Audio Helkuik. I go by Audi for short. It’s pronounced “Ahhhhh-dee” not “Owwww-deee”–I’m not quite that German. Helkuik looks like a doozy, too, but it’s easy: “Hell-quake.” Say it with me now: “Ahhhhhh-dee Hell-quake.”
2) I live in Omaha, NE. Notice that I did not say “I am stuck in Omaha, NE.” I moved here intentionally. I stay here on purpose. I love Omaha.
3) I’m a maker. I make things. Not babies. But I make clothing, accessories, hats, puppets, plush creatures, paintings, art, food, messes……I make things. Right now I’m fairly focused on making clothing and accessories.
4) I have been accused of being a workaholic. It’s a fairly accurate accusation. Luckily, I love my work. I love being in my studio. I love brainstorming. I love patterning and sewing. I love creating things.
5) I like accessories. I am a total accessories junkie. Seriously. I love accessories overload. This is true for my clothing collections and my personal wardrobe. Even on sleepy boring tshirt-and-jeans-from-the-floor day, I’m going to also have on ten or twelve pounds of jewelry, scarves, belts, and other miscellaneous items.